To better serve hospices and their patients, Enclara Pharmacia offers complete medication access solutions through the combination of a local pharmacy network and its own Mail Order Pharmacy, balanced to meet your organization’s requirements.
Hospice PBM Local Access
As a standalone local network of pharmacies, or in combination with our Mail Order Pharmacy, Enclara Pharmacia allows each hospice to preserve community pharmacy relationships while improving cost, quality, reliability and reporting.
Within our contracted 65,000+ retail and institutional pharmacies, we have established a subset of highly qualified hospice-centric local pharmacy providers – Neighborhood Connections™. This network supports hospice’s specific needs, including appropriate inventory availability, hours of operation, responsiveness, and CII dispensing. Our Neighborhood Connections™ pharmacy department monitors and manages the network to maintain service expectations and adapt to your patient footprint.
- Established hospice focused pharmacies stocked with essential hospice medications, ensuring availability
- Access to Enclara’s Mail Order pharmacy for non-urgent medications and ComfortPaks™ via next day delivery at no additional charge
- EMR and e-Prescribing integration for a single point of entry for efficient, seamless access for physicians and nurses
- 24-hour clinical support, local delivery options, and ancillary service negotiation
Mail Order Pharmacy
Delivering patient medications directly to the home can improve efficiency and reduce expense for hospices while relieving caregiver burden related to medication pick up. Ordering new medications or refills is simple – available through our mobile ordering technology (E3) on a smartphone or tablet, or by placing a single call to Enclara. The ability to track medication delivery electronically provides nurses, patients and their families with maximum convenience and peace of mind.
Because we fill and deliver nearly half a million prescriptions per week, we are able to pass along our purchasing power to your hospice. Our pricing, which includes free delivery in most cases, is lower than most retail pharmacy pricing offered by other PBMs.
Enclara Mail Order services include:
- Next Day, Second Day and Saturday Delivery options
- Surescript™ certified
- Mail order dispensing for nonurgent needs
- ComfortPaks ™ via next day delivery
- Compounded medications and special packaging
- Integrated mobile medication management tools and e-Prescribing services
Inpatient Unit Services
Enclara Pharmacia offers a wide variety of tools and resources to support hospice inpatient units (IPUs). We serve more Hospice IPUs than any other pharmacy provider in the country and optimize utilization management and medication dispensing systems. Services are supported by a full array of reporting options that includes 8358 billing requirements.
A customized solution is designed based on the hospice’s IPU size, location, facility level of care and workflow preference. Options vary and may range from simple stock models to complex automated dispensing systems.
Our Clinical Management team leverages experience to support IPUs with evidenced based best practices for compliance, acute symptom management, medication access and waste reduction.
Specially trained IPU pharmacists and technicians are available 24/7 to answer questions and address concerns.